and Software Development: Visual Basic
This course introduces how Internationalization concepts
are implemented by Visual Basic. In particular its locale
and encoding support are described, which i18n issues
are hard to implement, and how .NET arrives to save the
Audience: The course is designed for Technical management,
software architects, developers and testers.
Duration: The course is approximately 4 hours in duration.
The course has the following prerequisites:
Internationalization Platforms: MS Windows or Internationalization
1. The definition and use of Locale in VB
2. Encoding concepts and issues from a software development
aspect, especially concerning Unicode.
3. Review of locale sensitive functions/classes in VB
4. Improvements and changes between VB6 and VB.NET
5. Encoding Conversions
6. Pitfalls and issues
7. Coding standards and development environment
8. Resource Files (e.g. Satellite DLL's)
9. Question and Answer