and Software Development: Java
This course introduces how Internationalization concepts
are implemented by Java2 compliant languages. In particular
their locale classes and encoding methods are described,
which ones are missing, and how external i18n libraries
make Java complete.
Audience: The course is designed for Technical management,
software architects, developers and testers.
Duration: The course is approximately 4 hours in duration.
The course has the following prerequisites:
Internationalization Platforms: MS Windows or Internationalization
1. The definition and use of Locale in Java
2. Encoding concepts and issues from a software development
3. Review of the locale sensitive functions/classes in
4. Encoding Conversions
5. Pitfalls and issues
6. Coding standards and development environment
7. Resource Files (ResourceBundles, PropertyFiles)
8. Use of the International Components for Unicode (ICUJ)
9. Question and Answer